In partnership with Urban Plan Institute, we're hosting an all day course on real estate development.
UrbanPlan for Public Officials is an engaging workshop that convenes local decision makers for an interactive dialogue about the fundamental forces that affect the built environment and the important leadership roles that elected and appointed officials play. By taking on the role of the developer, participants in the workshop get a chance to broaden their knowledge in the following areas:
- basics of a pro forma and funding of a complex project;
- economics of different building types and community benefits;
- different time horizons for the public and private sectors;
- risk associated with lengthy negotiations among all parties; and
- importance of a clear and open process in the selection of a private partner