Job DetailsApply Here: Angel Oak Home Loans Careers
Overview: This qualified individual will, using company-provided leads, be responsible for originating new loan applications and achieving individual sales and profitability goals. Additionally, you will produce high quality loans which meet investor guidelines while providing excellent customer service, and will meet minimum production goals set forth by the company and/or Branch Manager.
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine financing objectives, gives advice to borrowers about product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Determines borrower financing objectives and goals; Assess the correct loan options for the borrower based upon the borrower’s present situation, future plans, and advise the borrower of the preferred loan product
- Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms. Negotiates terms and conditions with applicants.
- Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position.
- Achieves or exceeds production goals as established
- NMLS License Required under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008.
- 1yr of experience in a loan origination experience or Loan Officer Assistance experience
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures/federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Good knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory, policy and compliance issues pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Teamwork and customer service skills a must
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- High energy/high ethics
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.